Dé hAoine, Meán Fómhair 08, 2006

Luke Skywalker is Jesus! (in a way!)

I'm kind of in shock. I came on Myspace and Hotmail to see what the world and my peeple out there had for me....and guess what...nothing...! Except one comment from my friend Jane saying 'What country are you in.' I'm disapointed and disheartened at myspace.

Anyway...today saw the last day of my medical testing. I also got my passport yesterday in the post with my visa in it. It's a very nice little page that says i can stay till next March. But *meh* i'll probly extend it when i am out there!

So Javed and I were watching Star Wars: Return Of the Jedi in our medical testing. (Interstingly it was gonna be called Revenge of the Jedi, but, George Lucas didnt thinkt hat Jedis would seek revenge, cause they are nice and all that...unlike the Sith)...and some parts of Star Wars really remind me of Christianity.

Darth Vader started out as Anakin Skywalker. A young boy with big dreams. He also had a lot of power. Which corrupted him and he turned to the dark side. (well, actually - the reason he turned to the dark side was so he could learn how to raise people form the dead after having visions were he saw his wife, Padme, die. So it really isn't as bad as people think) But...even through all his bad deeds, and not knowing that he has kids and all, he still comes through at the end and destroys the Emperor. However, this would never have happened if he wasn't redeemed by Luke. Vader was redeemed by 'the son'. Which to me seems like a Jesus metaphor. or Simile. Whichever is which.

Anyway...the point is, even if we do loads of bad deeds, living our life bad etc, when it come to when it really matters (which is a different stage adn age for everybody) there is a choice to make. We can let ourselves be redeemed by the son, Jesus, and live our lives better and in purity, or we can go down a road that leads to hell. But even if at anytime on this hell road we truly want to turn back, we can! Which is awesome! How amazing is our God that he will forgive us if only we ask!

I love Star Wars!

So, it is Fionas birthday today. I really should have gotten her something, but i have no money especailly with this whole America thing. So i will be back in the states on monday...which is exciting to me!..hehe! I will be going througha time of immense change...which is scary but exciting..and now that i'm going i wish i was staying! But its just nerves! i know I'd rather be in DTS. Well....I best go..maybe this will be my last Irish blog. Goodbye Ireland. I miss you.

No comments: