Dé Domhnaigh, Feabhra 14, 2010

The next Big Step


Spending time in Germany has been just the most refreshing thing. There has been something oddly exciting about being here from the moment I arrived right up until this point. Something just happened. I clicked. 
 I have been fasting and praying about spending some time here - and God has been speaking great things. The last year I went through a lot of things, some good, some bad, mostly new, a little stressful, good relationships, growing relationships, it has all been a bit hectic. I feel like I have been incredibly lucky to have had God strip me of all that in this season, and now it's just me looking for God's hand of guidance.

I have been spending time here getting to know people, and being extremely flattered by the amount of people that ask me to stay. It is just such a welcoming environment. I've made some really good friends so far, began new and exciting, healthy relationships. I feel like this place has been the open arms I've been looking for. 

At the base here in Herrnhut, Germany - they have a huge focus on creative arts, and discipleship. Both things I am entirely passionate about. There is a ministry here called Pick-A-Pocket (www.pickapocket.net) that use the arts, discipleship as a tool to reach the lost, and with the main goal of ending extreme poverty. They have great values and goals, and I was instantly attracted to this. Combining all the things I love, to minister to others, seems pretty perfect. It is also a new avenue to work The Exodus Project into (TExPro goal of setting people free from their bondage using the arts) and feeds directly into the mission statement God gave me to inspire and encourage people use the arts to see freedom. So I don't give up anything that God has asked, it's just taking an exciting turn!

After having fasted and prayed, and had the 4 leaders of this ministry pray about my involvement, I am delighted to announce that I am going to be staying here in Germany for the foreseeable future and be working with Pick A Pocket with YWAM Herrnhut. There are an amazing group of people here that I have been spending time with, so it is a huge blessing to feel instantly part of a community. There seems to be something...settling about this place. One of the words the leaders got when praying for me was that they felt that everything else I've done, (creative arts in the world, as well as experience in the field) was a stepping stone leading to this place. There's such a huge peace I have about this decision. It has been one that has been prayed through and lots of thought went into. 

I was going to stay in ireland and work for one year, but then this open door appeared to visit my friends in Germany, which led to another open door, and another and I felt God nudging me through them. He has painted this new season in my life in a way I never expected. I never expected to be back on a YWAM base, or in Europe, but there is something amazing about what God is doing. I am praying through what my role will be in Pick-A-Pocket right now, but there is something EXCITING HAPPENING! So praise GOD! I get to stay involved in missions, be a bit closer to home than normal and work with young people, teach dance, drama, music, be involved in a community, disciple, reach the lost on outreaches - what a blast! One of the things the base leader has talked to me about is going back to where we went in Afghanistan, and going up to the Kyrgyz people, which would be fantastic follow up on the work we did there, I will keep you guys updated on that!

In September we start the Marriage of The Arts DTS (which is a mega DTS combining all the art forms) and they are expecting 150 students. The outreaches will be geared towards the goals of Pick A Pocket - meaning that I will be staffing DTS this year also. Not what I expected. God is so good. 

So, I know what you're thinking - what? where? I spent the last year and a half in Kyrgyzstan, before that a stint in Ireland, and before that a few years in L.A - now I am in Germany. It seems like I get about a lot (only by the grace of God) but I wanted to thank you for all the support you've given me so far - I am looking forward to writing more of these ha, and updating you on what God is doing here in Germany and overseas! This is a 2 year commitment I am making to this base.

Living here is going to be less expensive than I would have thought! Each month rent will be about 150-250 dollars (about 100pound)  and food/transport/misc will be about another 150-250 dollars. I am going to living here in the town and will walk to the base each day through this amazing forest. It is really cool, I will send more pictures soon! As I am going to be living here for the next few years, I am asking your help once again in keeping me on the field. I have about 150dollars a month, and now just need the rest! Isn't God a great, loving and providing God? Would you pray about supporting me as I work here in Germany with students in the DTS and with Pick A Pocket? I am looking for people to take on small donations of $10, $20, $30 (5,10,15 pound) or more per month so that I could build a good support network under me for the next few years. Thank you for considering this, and I will be in touch with you soon to hear what you think! There are easy ways to do this, Paypal being the easiest, - you can simply click this link for a secure payment, or you can use your account also to set it up and send donations to support4tony@gmail.com. My initial set up costs is a flight to Germany on Ryanair, which is super cheap! (31 Euros, but I only have 9)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YXMRWYQGCHCAN thats for USD

and https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=DP82G4KHFZNPN for Pounds.

Thank you guys! You must get annoyed at the ammount I ask for your help, but God is faithful and has called me to live this life of support.

Please continue to pray for me as I endeavour to raise this monthly support. I have been so blessed and lucky over the last 4 years to see God use all of you in one way or another to support me, but now, as I settle down a bit more - it would be really nice to set up a monthly support base. 

I have been listening to a lot of Pink recently, her new album, fuelled by her divorce, is very well written and not as angry as I thought it would be, it's more sad than anything else, but with a glimmer of hope. Really good - check it out, it's called FUNHOUSE.

No comments: