Dé Céadaoin, Feabhra 17, 2010

All I ever learnt from love is how to shoot somebody who outdrew you.

May our life reflect the glory of your name.
  How would you even do that?


Build your church, birth in us, a compassion for the lost.
  What does that look like?


These are questions that I'm not sure can really be answered in one simple way. How God worked for one person is completely different to how he works in another person. So is there a different answer for each person? Or is there just simply not really a comprehensive answer?


One thing I am learning - the more I spend time with people here, in community, loving one another, allowing myself to be vulnerable, having people encourage the calling of God on my life - I find myself living what I would call the 'real' church. Church how it was meant to be - a group of believers with a passion for the lost and a passion to disciple one another.  


Here with Pick A Pocket we are aiming to obliterate EXTREME POVERTY. We are a group of BIG dreamers. We won't settle for making a little impact on the impoverished world, we want to see it DESTROYED. We as the rest of the world have the tools to do this, so why aren't we loving our neighbour better?


Pick A Pocket is going on tour around Germany and the United States. We are planning to hit some cities and hang out with some great people on the EAST COAST (Mid May to Mid June) - we have music, can lead a church  time, we also have things to exhibit and cool things for you to learn about us, who we are and the projects we serve. (www.pickapocket.net) Let us know if you are in East Coast area and would like us to come speak at your church, or if you know of any bands that would like to connect with us and play shows! (anthonywilliamwebster@gmail.com)


In June of this year I am planning on going back to the Wakhan Corridor with the base leader who would really like to meet the nomadic people that I visited last year. This would be such a cool thing to do, to follow up, maintain relationship and try and meet some more of the needs of the people there. I am hoping to visit a family at 'The End of the Road', a village named Sarhad in Afghanistan, a family we really connected with.


If you're curious or want more info, hit me up, I would love to tell you more.


Prayers are needed, help is needed in many forms. 


Get involved.

No comments: