Dé Luain, Nollaig 04, 2006

Crying shards of glass...

In times like these when things are hectic and life is crazy, the is pure simplicity in the profound.

I'm finding life to be very simple at the minute. I'm either doing something right or something wrong. But that's okay. I'm not perfect. I'm just a simple northern-irish man after God's heart.

I'm feeling sentimental cause this time last year I was living with Glenn, had a job and was preparing for Christmas. This year I am a missionary, have no money, and live with a bunch of people from all over the world. Now I'm not saying I prefer the first situation...but it was definatly more 'cosy'. But this year I am inlove with Jesus more and more and he is becoming the best friend I could have ever wanted. This Christmas I will be in Africa, loving people and loving Jesus.

It has been a crazy year, and as this extravaganza of '2006' ends, I will be loving it. Am i crazy for trying? And crazy for crying? And crazy for loving you?

Sorry...listening to Patsy Cline.

Life is nothing I have expected it to be, but rather an intriguing surprise even to myself. We can never have control. Once we realise that, i think it is easier to give everything to God.

And I've treid and I've tried, but I haven't yet given everything. And the certainty is knowing that it is okay. God will gradually strip me of the tiny things that hold me back. Until then, I will continue living in the freedom I have, and loving the joy that i have found.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I've got my memories...or have they got me...? (Me last december at a Numinous gig in Dublin....check out Andy Frame looking random. And my red haircolour.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: