Déardaoin, Lúnasa 31, 2006

Flip...I'm a Missionary!

It was so nice just being at church yesterday. I was really happy. It was weird just hearing our worship band and seeing all my old friends. It was awesome. After church I went around Bangor and just had a look in a few shops. I totally forgot that before i left, i had lent my mate Rab some money adn he gimme it back. Which is awesome to see God provide. And then my medical tester said she would run an extra day, JUST FOR ME! What an awesome woman.
So i was shopping around Bangor. Not buying anything though, just enjoying looking. I had some lunch in KFC. The KFC in America sucks, they are partnered with Taco bell and its gross. But our KFC is KFCuking amazing! (hehe see what i did there....) Then i finished reading my Nate Saint book. Its really weird. I feel really drawn to that whole story. Like i want to go and live with the Aucas in Ecuador. After that i met up with Sooze and Chris and had some tea. (and an apple juice) I really mised them this summer...just cause they were a pretty big part of my life before i left...what with the whole suicide thing and all. So...my time here draws shorter everyday (obviously) and I'm actually glad time is going a bit faster. Cause i am so bored. bored, bored bored. Although i think i am going out to the Limelight tomorrow night. (its like this rock grunge bar place.) But they play good music and i have nothing better to do. BUt now im thinking..i shouldnt go..i dont want to be one of those christians who compromise...hmm...okay so i just decided not to go.
'All i have needed his hand will provide. Hes alwasy been faithful to me.'
So...as I leave on this adventure, it just hit me. I am a missionary. Its a bit crazy, a LOT exciting, but extremly true. THis summer as YWAM LA MA Staff has really opened my eyes. L.A is far from the glamour we see on the T.V. In reality, Hollywood is about a half mile of greed, idolatry and broken people. People worship those white planks that spell out H.O.L.L.Y.W.O.O.D - and just a hundred metres away there is a small cross on the same hill. Where are our priorities? This city will come to God though...i just know it. So keep praying!
So I am going to be training under the DTS programme and then hopefully a secondary school that will lead into further Leadership full time MA things. Which will draw in thousands of kids from the local area and across America. Then i can bring it home and set it up in our YWAM bases.
I'm looking forawrd to Juvenile Hall. This isn't no tame Hydebank, its gang members, bloods, crips, the south central L.A guys...Yet seeing them respond to our help and love is weirdly amazing.
So i am gonna destroy that box that i put God in. That 'Maybe' box. Maybe he'll heal. Maybe he'll provide. He WILL heal. He WILL provide. It's his nature....
So yeah..I'm a missionary..full time...no uni...no pay...just one objective..to set the world on fire.
Until next time hombres,
Tony.

No comments: